Author Topic: Lawncheck configuration questions  (Read 8469 times)

ihstiv

• LC Irrigation Master
Lawncheck configuration questions
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:37:31 am »
I'm adding the below questions and answers that Jim provided in an email for the benefit of other members.

>>1.  if I have a 10 minute cycle set to 80% in October - does that just change the cycle to 8 mins in that month?

Yes.  This is called a monthly setback and it lets you set up an optimized schedule for year around use.

>>2. what is the delay between cycles if set to auto? 1-4 mins?

30 minutes.  The term “auto” is used just to make cycle setup easier for people in a hurry, in case they can’t decide!  Multicycle was designed for hillsides or very hard baked soil.

>>3. why is there a limit of 5 programs if there are 8 zones?

Lawncheck was setup for standard residential irrigation use.  5 independent programs provides many more programs than most need, even with programs designed for summer only, or hot only use.   Multiple or all zones can be controlled from each program.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:02:45 am by ihstiv »

ihstiv

• LC Irrigation Master
Re: Lawncheck configuration questions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:03 am »
I have another question about #3 in the post above: If I operate two zones in one program, do they run at the same time, or are they sequential, so that water pressure is less of an issue?

Thanks.

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 06:41:31 pm »
Hi ihstiv,

Thanks for posting the above information.  To answer your imediate question:   All zones on an EtherRain controller run sequentially.  Only one zone/relay will ever operate at one time for a given controller.

Hope this answers

Jim,

ihstiv

• LC Irrigation Master
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 09:35:27 am »
Great - that is what I was hoping. Thanks!