LawnCheck FAQ and Help > New Questions, Ask Your Questions Here

Setup & programming for 2 EtherRains

(1/1)

PBembower:
My installer has just added two zones to my system, bringing the total to eleven zones. I have the controller, but would like to see an example of how programming two units works.

Do I need to use a separate program for each controller, and if so how does the five-program limit come into play?

Jim:
Hello PBembower,
Each controller that you add to LawnCheck is provided with 5 independent programs.

So, to add your second controller, click the "add device" button, and enter the name of your second controller, along with the zone names and optional GPM numbers.  Click save.  Both of your controllers should show up in your account screen. 

You'll need to make sure that the device name that you use is the same name you used when you configured your EtherRain; and make sure your new controller has your LawnCheck account number configured in it and is set to "poll" mode.

To add programs to your second controller, click on the second controller in the listbox, then click the "select device" radio button, then click "Begin."  The program schedule screen will be shown.  It will be empty, you should be able to click a link on that screen to add a program to your schedule.  Use a "smart landscape" program.

At this time there isn't a linkage between your two controllers so you have to manage the start times to ensure programs don't overlap.

Hope this answers,
Jim

PBembower:
Thanks, Jim. That's very helpful.

With the Mac computer, I can open lawncheck in two different windows, and put up the schedules in one for viewing while actually working in the other. That makes it easier to avoid conflicting start- and run-times. Perhaps Windows and others can do the same. It really is a wonderful and powerful tool. Worth every penny, when you consider that one month's water conservation in July or August or September could easily pay for the cost of the EtherRain controller.  After that it is pure green!

PaulB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version