Community Forums, Moderated > Feature Requests

Increased polling frequency during manual mode

<< < (2/2)

ljm:
Sorry I didn't notice this message sooner, this sounds really cool I'd be happy to test it

Jim:
Hello ljm,

I've tested the Immediate Valve test feature and it works well.  When I developed the feature it just so happened that I had a D-Link DR-615 Router, a very low cost router that happens to have a lot features.  One of the features that it has is incoming packet filtering, so you can easily specify IP addresses that you want to forward.

It turns out that most other low cost home routers don't have incoming filtering, so I wrote the instructions on how to configure your router using the incoming filter.  To enable Immediate Test, you'll need to open a port on your router and without incoming flitering on your router, I don't know how much traffic you'll get to the EtherRain.  That's what needs to be tested.

To use immediate test you need to configure both the EtherRain controller and your router.  Click here for configuration instructions (.pdf).  The feature is available from the  Lawncheck SmartPhone site.

Please send me an email using the LawnCheck Support form or use the forum and let me know if you'd like to try this and I will enable your account.

Jim

Jim:
The ZonePopper apps are now available for both iPhone and Android.  These provide immediate local control of your EtherRain for both valve testing and running manual cycles.  This is the best solution in this era of the smart phone (or tablet).

ZonePopper for iPhone
ZonePopper for Android

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version