Author Topic: "OFF if cool" setting  (Read 9588 times)

Gangee

• LC Irrigation Master
"OFF if cool" setting
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:58 am »
Hey Jim,

For all my zones, I have "Deactivate if Temperature is Cool: (50F or less)" checked.

Seems like I should have had a cycle not run in the past few days as it's been cool. But, I haven't been monitoring the temperature on an hour by hour basis, so I'm only guessing.

Do I need another sensor for the temperature settings to work? Also, how do I know if a cycle has been blocked due to cool weather? Does the log file create a weather block entry?

Thanks,

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
Re: "OFF if cool" setting
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:03:20 pm »
Hi Gangee,

The "Off if cool" decision is based on the forecast high temperature for the day.  Even early in the morning, LawnCheck looks at the forecast high for the day for your zip code.  If the forecast high is less than the threshold the cycle will not run.  A log will indicate the block, the threshold and the forecast high temperature.

We use forecast high instead of current temperature because in many climates, especially during the spring and fall, the early morning temps can be cool, yet by mid day the temperatures can rise quite rapidly therefore creating a need for some irrigation.

Hope this answers your question. 

Jim